Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Long Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was amazing.  Dustin was off work on Friday, and neither of us had school yesterday, so it was a four day weekend.  Dustin and I spent lots of time together, which we really needed.  It is so hard during the week to never get to spend time together.  I hate it.  For Valentines day, Dustin woke me up with breakfast in bed, except the plate, bowl, and cup were all empty.  This is because I hate eating breakfast when I first wake up.  He drew me a menu with food that he could cook and the cost was hugs and kisses, a certain amount for each, except the waffles were $100.  :-)  We actually ended up going out for breakfast/lunch at The Egg Factory.  I highly recommend the country garden omelet topped with hollandaise.  I think that's what it was called.  It was SO good.  Then, Dustin and I came home and put in a movie.  Dustin cooked us these potato halves with chive and onion cream cheese sour cream things.  There were amazing!  The main dinner was fondue.  We had broccoli, cauliflower, apples, pears, and bread to dip with.  I meant to make a cake on Valentines day, but it was SO late by the time I could make it.  So I ended up making the cake yesterday.  It is almost like a molten cake, but it's not really.  It was a two layer chocolate cake with a chocolate glaze, drizzled with peanut butter and caramel sauce.  Pictures to come!

I have school today.  I was sick last Wednesday and Thursday, so I missed school on Thursday.  My Math class was canceled, so I really only missed one class.  I hope every thing will be okay!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I'm an amazing cook! I didn't think the potatoes would turn out soooo good, but I'm glad they did. And just so everybody knows, I DID THE COOKING, IT WAS ME, AND I AM PROUD OF MYSELF. I think the fondue was really good and look forward to making it with macaroni and cheese sometime ;). I really enjoyed Valentines day and am so glad we had time together! I love you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say that I had an "ole omelette" or something like that. It had jalapenos, salsa, onions, and it was delicious. You didn't mention your 1/2 cinnamon roll! Yum!

    ReplyDelete