Friday, April 30, 2010
Cupcakes and Manicotti
Last night for dinner I made spinach stuffed manicotti with homemade white sauce. They were so yummy! I ran out of sauce though, so I did a red sauce on the rest of them. Then, I decided I wanted to try to make healthy cupcakes. So, I made bran-brownie cupcakes. They are delicious! You mix 3 c. bran with 2 1/2 c. water and let it become a batter. Then mix a brownie mix as directed and combine the bran and brownie batter. Then you add 1 1/2 t. baking powder and I added additional cocoa. I then attempted to make cream cheese frosting with splenda. It's good and acts more like a glaze, but it doesn't thicken up. I ended up having to add powdered sugar to make it thicken. Anyways, they are delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The manicotti was great! I especially enjoyed the homemade white sauce. It was perfect with the spinach. The cupcakes are great too! They tasted great and I love that you made them with a Reese's candy. The frosting was pretty interesting, but overall was delicious even though it was runny. You are an amazing cook and I always love trying whatever you make! Love you sweetheart!
ReplyDelete