Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Strawberry Chocolate Pancakes

So, I decided one morning to cook some pancakes.  I was craving chocolate and strawberries, so I made these.


Make a pancake batter from a mix.  I made whole wheat pancakes.



In a microwave safe bowl, microwave some frozen strawberries until they are warm.  Add some splenda and water and cook until it is a syrupy consistency.  I don't know if syrupy is a word.  If not, I just made it up.  You could add sugar free syrup to the strawberries instead of splenda if you like.




On a greased frying pan, pour some batter and spread it evenly.  Place some chocolate chips in the batter.  Push them in with your finger or with a skewer so the chocolate doesn't burn when you flip it over.




Flip the pancake!



To assemble, place a pancake on a plate and top with the strawberry mixture.  I dusted it with powdered sugar.  

They are easy and yummy!

1 comment:

  1. One day I'll have to try making these for you. They are so delicious and you should just enjoy them! Maybe I'll try with a different fruit... maybe banana! Love you!

    ReplyDelete