So, I am finally getting to the Valentine's Day dinner stuff.
These are the beautiful roses Dustin got me and arranged in a crystal vase we got for the wedding.
These are the amazing potato things that Dustin made us. For the recipe, leave a comment.
Now we go onto making fondue. This is a swiss fondue.
Shred 3 cups swiss and 2 cups gruyere cheese. Coat in flour.
This is the dry white wine we used. It was given to us by the hotel on our honeymoon.
Measure out some wine.
Put the wine in a large saucepan and boil well to cook out the alcohol.
This is the wine boiling. You can't really tell.
Gradually add the cheese while constantly stirring.
Mix milk, dry cooking sherry, and some nutmeg. Add to the cheese and mix until all the cheese is melted.
Pour the cheese into the fondue pot.
Cut up various vegetables, fruits, and breads to dip into the fondue.
We broiled cauliflower and broccoli and served those along with apples, pears, and italian bread.
It was an amazing dinner.
THANK YOU DUSTIN!!! I love you!
XOXO
YOR WELCOM!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I really enjoyed Valentine's Day. It is so great to have a wife like you to take care of. You mean absolutely everything to me. I'm so fortunate to have someone like you in my life, and I'm so happy you enjoyed dinner! I love you so much sweetheart! xoxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete